Restore vs. Replace
At SERVPRO of Culpeper & Fauquier counties, our goal on every water, fire, or mold damage job is to save more and replace less. When assessing damage in a home or business, our team will determine what can be salvaged or cleaned, such as contents, furniture, & structural materials. Our team will then perform pre-testing to determine what the best method of cleaning will be.
To an untrained eye, it would appear most items need to be removed and replaced when it comes to fire and water damage. However our drying and cleaning methods allow us to save more every day.
What exactly are the benefits of Restoring Vs. Replacing?
- Cost effective-For example, it is significantly less expensive to dry and save flooring than to remove and replace.
- Saves Time- The drying process will return you to normalcy sooner, where as removing and replacing materials will be a timely process.
- Environmental Benefit: For every item & building material that is saved, that is one less item wastefully put in the landfill.
- Peace of Mind: Being able to save precious family Heirlooms, a child’s toy, photo or favorite item, puts that peace of mind back to our customer. In our case new isn’t always better.
- Preferred Method by majority of insurance companies. Many insurance carriers prefer working with mitigation companies like SERVPRO vs contractors when it comes to fire and water damage.
If you ever experience a fire or water loss at your property, just wondering where to start can be very stressful and overwhelming to say the least. Please call our office for a free assessment and estimate. Our professional and knowledgeable team will get you back to normal faster by replacing less, and saving more!